Stephen C. Pfenning RitesDecember 07,2013Stephen C. Pfenning Rites
Funeral services for Stephen C. Pfenning, 71, of Rutland who died Nov. 30, 2013, were held Wednesday, Dec. 4, at St. Bridget’s Church in West Rutland. Officiating was the Rev. Vincent Coppola, pastor.
Burial followed in Evergreen Cemetery with the Rev. Coppola reading the prayers of the burial service.
Angela Lundrigan was the organist.
Olivia Gawet was the vocalist.
Charles Lull was the eulogist.
Gift bearers were the eight grandchildren.
Prayer services were held Tuesday, Dec. 3, at Clifford Funeral Home by the Rev. Coppola.
Contributions may be made to Rutland Area Visiting Nurse-Hospice, PO Box 787, Rutland, VT 05702.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.