Chimney blaze in ClarendonStaff report | December 07,2013CLARENDON — Firefighters from three towns responded to a chimney fire that was put out before it could do much damage to a home on Route 7B North in Clarendon.
A corner of the home at 614 Route 7B was in flames when firefighters arrived at the scene around 8:30 p.m. Friday, said Clarendon Fire Chief Norman Flanders.
However, despite a pump malfunction on one of the Clarendon fire engines, requiring assistance from departments in Rutland City and Wallingford, the blaze was quickly knocked down.
No one was injured in the fire. Damage to the home appeared to be minimal.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.