Chimney blaze in ClarendonStaff report | December 07,2013CLARENDON — Firefighters from three towns responded to a chimney fire that was put out before it could do much damage to a home on Route 7B North in Clarendon.
A corner of the home at 614 Route 7B was in flames when firefighters arrived at the scene around 8:30 p.m. Friday, said Clarendon Fire Chief Norman Flanders.
However, despite a pump malfunction on one of the Clarendon fire engines, requiring assistance from departments in Rutland City and Wallingford, the blaze was quickly knocked down.
No one was injured in the fire. Damage to the home appeared to be minimal.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.