Vt. man charged in fatal crashDecember 07,2013Vt. man charged
in fatal crash
VERNON — Vermont police have charged a 20-year-old Vernon man in a head-on crash in June that killed his 22-year-old passenger.
Edward Class III faces felony charges of gross negligent operation resulting in death and driving under the influence of alcohol in the death of Tanya May of Readsboro.
Investigators said Class was driving a 2000 Nissan Maxima north on Route 142 in Vernon on June 8 when he veered into the southbound lane and struck a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Responders had to use extrication tools to get Class and May out of the Nissan. May died four days later. The driver of the Jeep suffered minor injuries.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported that Class is due in Brattleboro criminal court Tuesday.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.