Vt. man charged in fatal crashDecember 07,2013Vt. man charged
in fatal crash
VERNON — Vermont police have charged a 20-year-old Vernon man in a head-on crash in June that killed his 22-year-old passenger.
Edward Class III faces felony charges of gross negligent operation resulting in death and driving under the influence of alcohol in the death of Tanya May of Readsboro.
Investigators said Class was driving a 2000 Nissan Maxima north on Route 142 in Vernon on June 8 when he veered into the southbound lane and struck a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Responders had to use extrication tools to get Class and May out of the Nissan. May died four days later. The driver of the Jeep suffered minor injuries.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported that Class is due in Brattleboro criminal court Tuesday.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,