Police ID man
killed by fumes
MONTPELIER — The Vermont State Police have released the identity of the Albany man who died of carbon monoxide poisoning from generator fumes after his home lost power.
Police say 60-year-old Mitchell Rowell died Monday as the result of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.
Troopers were called to Rowell’s home on Monday morning where he was found dead with a generator running to provide electricity after he’d lost power in the ice storm.
Tens of thousands of Vermont homes lost power in the storm. As of Thursday afternoon, there are still about 1,200 customers without power, the vast majority in Franklin County.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Three Vermont ski areas at least partially located in the Green Mountain National... Full StoryCity Council This Week Lends Support to Citizens to Protect Berlin Pond Petition Full StoryBOSTON — “I need to run.” Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.