• Police ID man killed by fumes
    December 27,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Police ID man

    killed by fumes

    MONTPELIER — The Vermont State Police have released the identity of the Albany man who died of carbon monoxide poisoning from generator fumes after his home lost power.

    Police say 60-year-old Mitchell Rowell died Monday as the result of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Troopers were called to Rowell’s home on Monday morning where he was found dead with a generator running to provide electricity after he’d lost power in the ice storm.

    Tens of thousands of Vermont homes lost power in the storm. As of Thursday afternoon, there are still about 1,200 customers without power, the vast majority in Franklin County.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    If this hasn’t been the worst year ever for truth in politics, I can’t think of what was. Full Story
    A moment of truth for presidential debate moderators
    MONTPELIER — Renowned poet and playwright David Budbill died early Sunday morning from... Full Story
    Vermont poet David Budbill dies at 76
    MONTPELIER — Artists from Windham County have been honored by Gov. Full Story
    Aho, Saxtons River painter, selected for Vermont’s top arts award
    More Articles
  •