• Police ID man killed by fumes
    December 27,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Police ID man

    killed by fumes

    MONTPELIER — The Vermont State Police have released the identity of the Albany man who died of carbon monoxide poisoning from generator fumes after his home lost power.

    Police say 60-year-old Mitchell Rowell died Monday as the result of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Troopers were called to Rowell’s home on Monday morning where he was found dead with a generator running to provide electricity after he’d lost power in the ice storm.

    Tens of thousands of Vermont homes lost power in the storm. As of Thursday afternoon, there are still about 1,200 customers without power, the vast majority in Franklin County.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    PHILADELPHIA — After standing at the podium to second the nomination of Sen. Full Story
    Sanders nominator leaves convention early
    BARRE — A Middlesex man could serve as many as five years in prison if he fails to complete drug... Full Story
    PHILADELPHIA — With his presidential campaign officially over, independent Sen. Full Story
    Sanders renews call for unity with Clinton
    More Articles