• Police ID man killed by fumes
    December 27,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Police ID man

    killed by fumes

    MONTPELIER — The Vermont State Police have released the identity of the Albany man who died of carbon monoxide poisoning from generator fumes after his home lost power.

    Police say 60-year-old Mitchell Rowell died Monday as the result of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Troopers were called to Rowell’s home on Monday morning where he was found dead with a generator running to provide electricity after he’d lost power in the ice storm.

    Tens of thousands of Vermont homes lost power in the storm. As of Thursday afternoon, there are still about 1,200 customers without power, the vast majority in Franklin County.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    WATERBURY — It’s all about the heat, the sweet, the smoke, and the savory. Full Story
    Striking the barbecue balance
    MONTPELIER — Gubernatorial candidate Bruce Lisman is challenging his rival for the Republican... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — The Vermont Democratic Party has banished a candidate who is running as a Democrat... Full Story
    Democrats boot Paige
    More Articles