New York woman injured in crashDecember 27,2013W. Pawlet crash:
Woman is injured
WEST PAWLET — A crash on snow-covered roads in West Pawlet injured a New York woman Thursday, according to Vermont State Police.
Samantha Hunt, 19, of Salem, N.Y.,received stitches to her head and was treated for a bruised collarbone after a 2007 Saturn Ion and a 2012 Chevy Silverado collided at the intersection of Route 149 and Bull Frog Hollow Road at about 9:20 a.m. Thursday, police said.
Hunt was taken to Glens Falls Hospital in New York.
Neither Victor Verniero, 93, of Dorset, who was driving the Silverado, or Alexander Keys, 20, of Salem, N.Y., was charged in the crash which police say is still under investigation.
Police say Keys was travelling west on the highway when he was struck by Verniero, who was turning left onto Bull Frog Hollow.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.