New York woman injured in crashDecember 27,2013W. Pawlet crash:
Woman is injured
WEST PAWLET — A crash on snow-covered roads in West Pawlet injured a New York woman Thursday, according to Vermont State Police.
Samantha Hunt, 19, of Salem, N.Y.,received stitches to her head and was treated for a bruised collarbone after a 2007 Saturn Ion and a 2012 Chevy Silverado collided at the intersection of Route 149 and Bull Frog Hollow Road at about 9:20 a.m. Thursday, police said.
Hunt was taken to Glens Falls Hospital in New York.
Neither Victor Verniero, 93, of Dorset, who was driving the Silverado, or Alexander Keys, 20, of Salem, N.Y., was charged in the crash which police say is still under investigation.
Police say Keys was travelling west on the highway when he was struck by Verniero, who was turning left onto Bull Frog Hollow.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.