New York woman injured in crashDecember 27,2013W. Pawlet crash:
Woman is injured
WEST PAWLET — A crash on snow-covered roads in West Pawlet injured a New York woman Thursday, according to Vermont State Police.
Samantha Hunt, 19, of Salem, N.Y.,received stitches to her head and was treated for a bruised collarbone after a 2007 Saturn Ion and a 2012 Chevy Silverado collided at the intersection of Route 149 and Bull Frog Hollow Road at about 9:20 a.m. Thursday, police said.
Hunt was taken to Glens Falls Hospital in New York.
Neither Victor Verniero, 93, of Dorset, who was driving the Silverado, or Alexander Keys, 20, of Salem, N.Y., was charged in the crash which police say is still under investigation.
Police say Keys was travelling west on the highway when he was struck by Verniero, who was turning left onto Bull Frog Hollow.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.