New York woman injured in crashDecember 27,2013W. Pawlet crash:
Woman is injured
WEST PAWLET — A crash on snow-covered roads in West Pawlet injured a New York woman Thursday, according to Vermont State Police.
Samantha Hunt, 19, of Salem, N.Y.,received stitches to her head and was treated for a bruised collarbone after a 2007 Saturn Ion and a 2012 Chevy Silverado collided at the intersection of Route 149 and Bull Frog Hollow Road at about 9:20 a.m. Thursday, police said.
Hunt was taken to Glens Falls Hospital in New York.
Neither Victor Verniero, 93, of Dorset, who was driving the Silverado, or Alexander Keys, 20, of Salem, N.Y., was charged in the crash which police say is still under investigation.
Police say Keys was travelling west on the highway when he was struck by Verniero, who was turning left onto Bull Frog Hollow.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — Vermont Health Department says eight children from the Charlotte Central... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.