New York woman injured in crashDecember 27,2013W. Pawlet crash:
Woman is injured
WEST PAWLET — A crash on snow-covered roads in West Pawlet injured a New York woman Thursday, according to Vermont State Police.
Samantha Hunt, 19, of Salem, N.Y.,received stitches to her head and was treated for a bruised collarbone after a 2007 Saturn Ion and a 2012 Chevy Silverado collided at the intersection of Route 149 and Bull Frog Hollow Road at about 9:20 a.m. Thursday, police said.
Hunt was taken to Glens Falls Hospital in New York.
Neither Victor Verniero, 93, of Dorset, who was driving the Silverado, or Alexander Keys, 20, of Salem, N.Y., was charged in the crash which police say is still under investigation.
Police say Keys was travelling west on the highway when he was struck by Verniero, who was turning left onto Bull Frog Hollow.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.