Dog found after Vt. rollover crashThe Associated Press | January 02,2014ROCKINGHAM - Vermont State Police say a dog has been found and is doing fine after he became lost during a rollover crash on Interstate 91 in Rockingham.
Police say the crash happened Wednesday afternoon. The driver, 83-year-old David Andrews of Alpine, N.J., fell asleep at the wheel. His car went off the road, skidded into a patch of trees and flipped. He and passenger 81-year-old Nancy Andrews were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Police say their dog, Zorro, was in the car and went missing. Early Thursday, a trooper found Zorro walking on the snowy shoulder close to the crash scene. He said Zorro was a bit chilled, but has recovered and is in the care of friends of the owners.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.