Dog found after Vt. rollover crashThe Associated Press | January 02,2014ROCKINGHAM - Vermont State Police say a dog has been found and is doing fine after he became lost during a rollover crash on Interstate 91 in Rockingham.
Police say the crash happened Wednesday afternoon. The driver, 83-year-old David Andrews of Alpine, N.J., fell asleep at the wheel. His car went off the road, skidded into a patch of trees and flipped. He and passenger 81-year-old Nancy Andrews were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Police say their dog, Zorro, was in the car and went missing. Early Thursday, a trooper found Zorro walking on the snowy shoulder close to the crash scene. He said Zorro was a bit chilled, but has recovered and is in the care of friends of the owners.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Two fires, one in West Rutland and the other in Middletown Springs, keep firefighters busy, sports and update on robbery at Jenny Wren's in Springfield. 0News Editor Alan Keays, staff writer Darren Marcy and Sports Editor Bob Fredette discuss some of... Full StoryStaff Report Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.