Dr. John J. McGarryJanuary 03,2014
Dr. John J. McGarryDr. John J. McGarry
PITTSFORD — Funeral services for John J. McGarry, 89, of Pittsford and Scotsdale, Arizona, who died December 11, 2013, will be held Saturday, January 4, 2014, at 1 p.m. at Christ the King Church in Rutland.
A receiving hour at the church will begin at noon. A reception will follow the service in the lower level of the church.
Calling hours will be held at 1085 Sangamon Road, Pittsford, Vermont, on Friday, January 3, from 7 to 9 p.m.
Arrangements are under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Christ the King Church or to Middlebury College.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.