William L. RudkinJanuary 04,2014
William L. RudkinWilliam L. Rudkin
PAWLET — William L. Rudkin, 87, of Pawlet, Vt., died peacefully Saturday, December 28, 2013.
A resident of Pawlet for over 25 years and previously of Southport, Conn., Bill was born April 26, 1926, to Henry A. Rudkin and Margaret F. Rudkin.
He is survived by his younger brother, four children, eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Bill was class of ‘48 at Yale, trained as a U.S. Navy pilot, and worked at the family company of Pepperidge Farm.
He was an avid sailor and sportsman.
As an accomplished golfer, Bill will be remembered for his devotion and dedication to his game.
A memorial will be held in the late spring in Manchester,Vt. More information can be found at www.sheafuneralhomes.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.