Police: Arlington business burglarizedJanuary 04,2014Police say Arlington business burgled
ARLINGTON — A local business reported an attempted burglary on Friday morning that left their building damaged, according to Trooper Elliott Justinger.
Justinger said troopers were dispatched to Chem Clean on Route 7A around 12:50 a.m. on Friday
When they arrived, the owner of the store was already there and told police he believed someone forced his main door open. The suspects attempted to remove a safe from the store but were unsuccessful. According to Justinger, there was a set of tire tracks at the scene and two sets of footprints. Damage to the business’ door was estimated at about $200. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Shaftsbury barracks of the Vermont State Police at 442-5421. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by sending a text to 274637, or “CRIMES,” and using the keyword, “VTIPS.”MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.