Police: Arlington business burglarizedJanuary 04,2014Police say Arlington business burgled
ARLINGTON — A local business reported an attempted burglary on Friday morning that left their building damaged, according to Trooper Elliott Justinger.
Justinger said troopers were dispatched to Chem Clean on Route 7A around 12:50 a.m. on Friday
When they arrived, the owner of the store was already there and told police he believed someone forced his main door open. The suspects attempted to remove a safe from the store but were unsuccessful. According to Justinger, there was a set of tire tracks at the scene and two sets of footprints. Damage to the business’ door was estimated at about $200. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Shaftsbury barracks of the Vermont State Police at 442-5421. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by sending a text to 274637, or “CRIMES,” and using the keyword, “VTIPS.”
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.