Man arrested after leaving courtJanuary 09,2014Man leaves court,
is quickly arrested
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — Less than an hour after he paid a $15,000 fine in a drug case and was released from court, a New Jersey man was back in trouble with the law.
Mohamed Hamdi, 22, of Jersey City, N.J., was arrested outside the Hartford Police Department, where he’d gone to retrieve personal items after leaving White River Juntion criminal court Tuesday. A police detective saw him get out of a car driven by his girlfriend, police said.
Hamdi was supposed to stay away from the woman, who had an active relief-from-abuse order issued by a court in Claremont, N.H., police said.
Hamdi was arrested and cited back into court, where he pleaded innocent Wednesday to violating an abuse-prevention order. He was again released on conditions that included he have no contact with the woman.
A day earlier, he struck a plea deal and paid a $15,000 fine for felony cocaine possession in November.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.