Police ticket man after plow crashJanuary 20,2014SHARON — Police said a Chelsea man caused a crash Sunday morning when he tried to pass a state plow truck.
Police said 69-year-old Glenn Manning was driving on Route 14 in a 2006 Subaru Forester when he tried to pass a state Agency of Transportation snow plow truck driven by Devan Paradis, 20, of Gaysville.
Police said Paradis was turning left when Manning attempted to pass.
There were no injuries, but Manning’s car sustained moderate damage to its front end and passenger’s side, while Paradis’ truck sustained front-end damage, including the plow.
Police issued a ticket to Manning. At the time of the crash, the road was slippery and covered with slush, police said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.