Police ticket man after plow crashJanuary 20,2014SHARON — Police said a Chelsea man caused a crash Sunday morning when he tried to pass a state plow truck.
Police said 69-year-old Glenn Manning was driving on Route 14 in a 2006 Subaru Forester when he tried to pass a state Agency of Transportation snow plow truck driven by Devan Paradis, 20, of Gaysville.
Police said Paradis was turning left when Manning attempted to pass.
There were no injuries, but Manning’s car sustained moderate damage to its front end and passenger’s side, while Paradis’ truck sustained front-end damage, including the plow.
Police issued a ticket to Manning. At the time of the crash, the road was slippery and covered with slush, police said.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.