Police probe latest knifepoint robbery - this time in WallingfordJanuary 21,2014
Vermont State Police are investigating a knifepoint robbery in Wallingford that took place late Monday night - the sixth knifepoint robbery in the region since the start of the year.
Police said around 9:30 p.m. they were called to the Mobil gas station and convenience store at 172 North Main St. for a reported armed robbery.
Police said an investigation revealed that a man went into the store, brandished a knife to the clerk and demanded money. An undisclosed amount of money was handed over to the robber who then fled the store on foot.
The robber was described as a white male, wearing blue jeans, and a blue or black hooded sweatshirt. Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 773-9101.
The robbery Monday night comes on the heels of another knifepoint robbery Sunday evening in Rutland. In that case, a robber went into Beer King on Crescent Street around 6:30 p.m., brandished a knife to the clerk and fled with an undisclosed amount of money. Four other knifepoint robberies have been reported in the city since Jan. 1.
No injuiries have been reported in any of the robberies and no arrests have been made in any of the cases. It is unclear if any of the robberies are related.MORE IN This Just InDearest farm, with your well-worked fields full of food, I love you. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.