Police probe latest knifepoint robbery - this time in WallingfordJanuary 21,2014
Vermont State Police are investigating a knifepoint robbery in Wallingford that took place late Monday night - the sixth knifepoint robbery in the region since the start of the year.
Police said around 9:30 p.m. they were called to the Mobil gas station and convenience store at 172 North Main St. for a reported armed robbery.
Police said an investigation revealed that a man went into the store, brandished a knife to the clerk and demanded money. An undisclosed amount of money was handed over to the robber who then fled the store on foot.
The robber was described as a white male, wearing blue jeans, and a blue or black hooded sweatshirt. Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 773-9101.
The robbery Monday night comes on the heels of another knifepoint robbery Sunday evening in Rutland. In that case, a robber went into Beer King on Crescent Street around 6:30 p.m., brandished a knife to the clerk and fled with an undisclosed amount of money. Four other knifepoint robberies have been reported in the city since Jan. 1.
No injuiries have been reported in any of the robberies and no arrests have been made in any of the cases. It is unclear if any of the robberies are related.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.