Police: Man threw stereo at womanJanuary 21,2014Police: Man threw
stereo at woman
PITTSFORD — A local man is jailed on $25,000 bail after he allegedly threw a stereo that hit a woman in the head Sunday, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said they arrested Jeffrey LaRouche, 35, Sunday afternoon not long after he called the police himself to report an altercation at 16 Furnace St.
At that address, police say an argument between LaRouche and his girlfriend, Jennifer Griffin, escalated into a physical fight when LaRouche allegedly hurled a stereo at the woman. Griffin was taken by ambulance to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of what police called a “moderately sized” wound.
LaRouche, who police say was out of jail on probation for another offense, was arrested and taken to the Rutland jail where he remains pending arraignment on a charge of simple assault.MORE IN This Just InIn the year since he was arraigned in the hit and run killing of a Mendon woman, former Rutland... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.