Police: Man threw stereo at womanJanuary 21,2014Police: Man threw
stereo at woman
PITTSFORD — A local man is jailed on $25,000 bail after he allegedly threw a stereo that hit a woman in the head Sunday, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said they arrested Jeffrey LaRouche, 35, Sunday afternoon not long after he called the police himself to report an altercation at 16 Furnace St.
At that address, police say an argument between LaRouche and his girlfriend, Jennifer Griffin, escalated into a physical fight when LaRouche allegedly hurled a stereo at the woman. Griffin was taken by ambulance to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of what police called a “moderately sized” wound.
LaRouche, who police say was out of jail on probation for another offense, was arrested and taken to the Rutland jail where he remains pending arraignment on a charge of simple assault.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.