Police: Man threw stereo at womanJanuary 21,2014Police: Man threw
stereo at woman
PITTSFORD — A local man is jailed on $25,000 bail after he allegedly threw a stereo that hit a woman in the head Sunday, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said they arrested Jeffrey LaRouche, 35, Sunday afternoon not long after he called the police himself to report an altercation at 16 Furnace St.
At that address, police say an argument between LaRouche and his girlfriend, Jennifer Griffin, escalated into a physical fight when LaRouche allegedly hurled a stereo at the woman. Griffin was taken by ambulance to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of what police called a “moderately sized” wound.
LaRouche, who police say was out of jail on probation for another offense, was arrested and taken to the Rutland jail where he remains pending arraignment on a charge of simple assault.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.