Police: Man threw stereo at womanJanuary 21,2014Police: Man threw
stereo at woman
PITTSFORD — A local man is jailed on $25,000 bail after he allegedly threw a stereo that hit a woman in the head Sunday, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said they arrested Jeffrey LaRouche, 35, Sunday afternoon not long after he called the police himself to report an altercation at 16 Furnace St.
At that address, police say an argument between LaRouche and his girlfriend, Jennifer Griffin, escalated into a physical fight when LaRouche allegedly hurled a stereo at the woman. Griffin was taken by ambulance to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of what police called a “moderately sized” wound.
LaRouche, who police say was out of jail on probation for another offense, was arrested and taken to the Rutland jail where he remains pending arraignment on a charge of simple assault.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.