Drink said to cause truck crashJanuary 28,2014Drink said to
cause truck crash
A shaken can of “Red Bull,” the popular energy drink, was blamed as the cause of a crash at the intersection of Route 4 and Town Line Road in Rutland Town on Sunday.
Vermont State Police say they were called to the intersection at 2:14 p.m. where a 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe had crashed into a mailbox owned by the Rocking Horse Store.
The driver of the truck, Peter Capkovic, 31, of Slovenska, Slovenia, told police he lost control of the vehicle when his friend opened a can of Red Bull and the beverage “exploded” all over the cab.
In the momentary confusion, the truck, a rental from Enterprise, veered into the oncoming lane before striking the mailbox.
No injuries were reported in the crash and only minor damage to the truck was reported, police said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?