Drink said to cause truck crashJanuary 28,2014Drink said to
cause truck crash
A shaken can of “Red Bull,” the popular energy drink, was blamed as the cause of a crash at the intersection of Route 4 and Town Line Road in Rutland Town on Sunday.
Vermont State Police say they were called to the intersection at 2:14 p.m. where a 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe had crashed into a mailbox owned by the Rocking Horse Store.
The driver of the truck, Peter Capkovic, 31, of Slovenska, Slovenia, told police he lost control of the vehicle when his friend opened a can of Red Bull and the beverage “exploded” all over the cab.
In the momentary confusion, the truck, a rental from Enterprise, veered into the oncoming lane before striking the mailbox.
No injuries were reported in the crash and only minor damage to the truck was reported, police said.MORE IN This Just InBy Amy Ash Nixon Full StoryRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads data direct to your head: On this day in 410... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.