Drink said to cause truck crashJanuary 28,2014Drink said to
cause truck crash
A shaken can of “Red Bull,” the popular energy drink, was blamed as the cause of a crash at the intersection of Route 4 and Town Line Road in Rutland Town on Sunday.
Vermont State Police say they were called to the intersection at 2:14 p.m. where a 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe had crashed into a mailbox owned by the Rocking Horse Store.
The driver of the truck, Peter Capkovic, 31, of Slovenska, Slovenia, told police he lost control of the vehicle when his friend opened a can of Red Bull and the beverage “exploded” all over the cab.
In the momentary confusion, the truck, a rental from Enterprise, veered into the oncoming lane before striking the mailbox.
No injuries were reported in the crash and only minor damage to the truck was reported, police said.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes for fiction and biography. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Brent Curtis discuss some of the stories... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.