Alcohol blamed in Killington crashJanuary 28,2014Alcohol is blamed
in Killington crash
KILLINGTON ó Vermont State Police say a Massachusetts man was still drunk from a bachelor party the night before when he rolled his car off Roaring Brook Road on Saturday.
Timothy Nelligan, 27, of Quincy, Mass., wasnít injured in the crash which took place at around 11 a.m. Saturday, but state police who responded to the crash say they determined Nelliganís blood-alcohol content was more than the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
Nelligan was charged with drunken driving and giving false information to a police officer. He was taken to the Rutland jail where he was incarcerated on $5,000 bail.MORE IN This Just InIn the year since he was arraigned in the hit and run killing of a Mendon woman, former Rutland... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.