Alcohol blamed in Killington crashJanuary 28,2014Alcohol is blamed
in Killington crash
KILLINGTON ó Vermont State Police say a Massachusetts man was still drunk from a bachelor party the night before when he rolled his car off Roaring Brook Road on Saturday.
Timothy Nelligan, 27, of Quincy, Mass., wasnít injured in the crash which took place at around 11 a.m. Saturday, but state police who responded to the crash say they determined Nelliganís blood-alcohol content was more than the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
Nelligan was charged with drunken driving and giving false information to a police officer. He was taken to the Rutland jail where he was incarcerated on $5,000 bail.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.