Police investigate gas station robberyJanuary 28,2014Police investigate
gas station robbery
Vermont State Police investigated a robbery early Monday morning at the Exit 4 Sunoco gas station and convenience store in Dummerston.
Police said around 1:30 a.m., a man went into the store on Route 5 and demanded money from the clerk. The clerk at first refused, but after being threatened, turned over money, police said.
The robber then fled the store with about $100 in cash, according to police.
The robber was described as a white man, between 5 feet, 5 inches and 5 feet, 8 inches tall, with an average build. He was wearing a black knitted cap pulled down over his face with eye holes cut into it. He was also wearing a blue winter jacket with a white horizontal stripe across the front and back.
Police said no weapon was displayed and no injuries were reported.
Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 234-9933.MORE IN This Just InRep. Peter Fagan faces a challenge from James Candon. Full StoryMANCHESTER — Voters will have some choices among an incumbent, a returning veteran, and a few... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.