Police investigate gas station robberyJanuary 28,2014Police investigate
gas station robbery
Vermont State Police investigated a robbery early Monday morning at the Exit 4 Sunoco gas station and convenience store in Dummerston.
Police said around 1:30 a.m., a man went into the store on Route 5 and demanded money from the clerk. The clerk at first refused, but after being threatened, turned over money, police said.
The robber then fled the store with about $100 in cash, according to police.
The robber was described as a white man, between 5 feet, 5 inches and 5 feet, 8 inches tall, with an average build. He was wearing a black knitted cap pulled down over his face with eye holes cut into it. He was also wearing a blue winter jacket with a white horizontal stripe across the front and back.
Police said no weapon was displayed and no injuries were reported.
Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 234-9933.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.