Police investigate gas station robberyJanuary 28,2014Police investigate
gas station robbery
Vermont State Police investigated a robbery early Monday morning at the Exit 4 Sunoco gas station and convenience store in Dummerston.
Police said around 1:30 a.m., a man went into the store on Route 5 and demanded money from the clerk. The clerk at first refused, but after being threatened, turned over money, police said.
The robber then fled the store with about $100 in cash, according to police.
The robber was described as a white man, between 5 feet, 5 inches and 5 feet, 8 inches tall, with an average build. He was wearing a black knitted cap pulled down over his face with eye holes cut into it. He was also wearing a blue winter jacket with a white horizontal stripe across the front and back.
Police said no weapon was displayed and no injuries were reported.
Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 234-9933.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.