Man jailed on assault chargeJanuary 30,2014Man jailed on
A Rutland man is behind bars after allegedly beating a woman during a domestic incident on Grove Street.
Joshua E. Koch, 25, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court Wednesday to a felony charge of aggravated assault in the first degree and a misdemeanor charge of cruelty to a child. Judge Cortland Corsones set bail at $10,000 for Koch who remained in jail Wednesday evening.
Koch was arrested Tuesday night after an incident at 92 Grove St. where a woman told city police Koch punched her and kicked her with steel-toed boots in front of a toddler.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The 22 water systems in Vermont that draw from Lake Champlain are participating in a... Full StoryJOHANNESBURG — When Cecil the lion’s carcass was finally found after he was lured out of a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.