Man jailed on assault chargeJanuary 30,2014Man jailed on
A Rutland man is behind bars after allegedly beating a woman during a domestic incident on Grove Street.
Joshua E. Koch, 25, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court Wednesday to a felony charge of aggravated assault in the first degree and a misdemeanor charge of cruelty to a child. Judge Cortland Corsones set bail at $10,000 for Koch who remained in jail Wednesday evening.
Koch was arrested Tuesday night after an incident at 92 Grove St. where a woman told city police Koch punched her and kicked her with steel-toed boots in front of a toddler.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.