Wade Davis talks at CSCJanuary 30,2014CASTLETON — Gay rights activist and former professional football player Wade Davis will offer a discussion on homophobia in sports, at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 at Castleton State College.
Davis was a member of the Tennessee Titans and found greater success in the NFL Europe system. In 2012, after being retired for nine years, Davis came out as gay. In 2013, Davis was named the executive director of You Can Play, which advocates for gay athletes.
The talk will be held in the Casella Theater. Seating is limited. To reserve a seat, call the Fine Arts Center Box Office at 468-1119.MORE IN This Just InThis column can in no way give justice to the work that Bruce Wilson is doing, nor to the... Full StoryLUHANSK, Ukraine — A convoy of more than 200 white trucks crossed the Russian border to deliver... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: The 1509 'Lesser Judgment' earthquake on this day at Constantinople kills 13,000 and destroys the city; in 1801, on this day, Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans is born.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Meeting with city police opens topic of bias, Gov. Shumlin announces he'll seek a third term, open party in Main Street Park will celebrate Bethany Bosch's English Channel swim, state task force arrests three drug peddlers..
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Kevin O'Connor reports on the death of Lola Pierotti Aiken, widow of the late Vt. Governor and U.S. Senator George Aiken and Erin Mansfield writes about Clarendon's survey for residents to weigh in on the town's future needs.