Wade Davis talks at CSCJanuary 30,2014CASTLETON — Gay rights activist and former professional football player Wade Davis will offer a discussion on homophobia in sports, at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 at Castleton State College.
Davis was a member of the Tennessee Titans and found greater success in the NFL Europe system. In 2012, after being retired for nine years, Davis came out as gay. In 2013, Davis was named the executive director of You Can Play, which advocates for gay athletes.
The talk will be held in the Casella Theater. Seating is limited. To reserve a seat, call the Fine Arts Center Box Office at 468-1119.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.