Wade Davis talks at CSCJanuary 30,2014CASTLETON — Gay rights activist and former professional football player Wade Davis will offer a discussion on homophobia in sports, at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 at Castleton State College.
Davis was a member of the Tennessee Titans and found greater success in the NFL Europe system. In 2012, after being retired for nine years, Davis came out as gay. In 2013, Davis was named the executive director of You Can Play, which advocates for gay athletes.
The talk will be held in the Casella Theater. Seating is limited. To reserve a seat, call the Fine Arts Center Box Office at 468-1119.MORE IN This Just InWESTON Remember your most embarrassing moments around your high school graduation? If not, The... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.