Springfield woman arrested in N.J. on gun chargesJanuary 30,2014PALISADES PARK, N.J. — A Springfield, Vt., woman was arrested with two people from Jersey City Monday and charged with illegal gun possession.
Bergen County Police said in a press release that Natausha L. Bourguin, 23, was the driver of a red Honda Civic that was stopped for an illegal lane change.
Police became suspicious of Bourguin and her passengers, Crystal Canas, 21, and Manuel Robles, 33, both of Jersey City, N.J., after the trio gave police conflicting information.
After Bourguin gave a written consent to have her vehicle searched, police found two guns in the trunk of the vehicle, a Sig Sauer P228 — a 9 mm handgun — and a Davis Industries .380 caliber handgun, which police described as a “Saturday Night Special.” Police also recovered $6,117 in cash from the vehicle.
All three denied being the owners of the weapons, police said, and the guns were sent for ballistics testing. Police said the weapons were not legally owned. All three were charged with two counts each of illegal handgun possession.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.