Springfield woman arrested in N.J. on gun chargesJanuary 30,2014PALISADES PARK, N.J. — A Springfield, Vt., woman was arrested with two people from Jersey City Monday and charged with illegal gun possession.
Bergen County Police said in a press release that Natausha L. Bourguin, 23, was the driver of a red Honda Civic that was stopped for an illegal lane change.
Police became suspicious of Bourguin and her passengers, Crystal Canas, 21, and Manuel Robles, 33, both of Jersey City, N.J., after the trio gave police conflicting information.
After Bourguin gave a written consent to have her vehicle searched, police found two guns in the trunk of the vehicle, a Sig Sauer P228 — a 9 mm handgun — and a Davis Industries .380 caliber handgun, which police described as a “Saturday Night Special.” Police also recovered $6,117 in cash from the vehicle.
All three denied being the owners of the weapons, police said, and the guns were sent for ballistics testing. Police said the weapons were not legally owned. All three were charged with two counts each of illegal handgun possession.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.