Springfield woman arrested in N.J. on gun chargesJanuary 30,2014PALISADES PARK, N.J. — A Springfield, Vt., woman was arrested with two people from Jersey City Monday and charged with illegal gun possession.
Bergen County Police said in a press release that Natausha L. Bourguin, 23, was the driver of a red Honda Civic that was stopped for an illegal lane change.
Police became suspicious of Bourguin and her passengers, Crystal Canas, 21, and Manuel Robles, 33, both of Jersey City, N.J., after the trio gave police conflicting information.
After Bourguin gave a written consent to have her vehicle searched, police found two guns in the trunk of the vehicle, a Sig Sauer P228 — a 9 mm handgun — and a Davis Industries .380 caliber handgun, which police described as a “Saturday Night Special.” Police also recovered $6,117 in cash from the vehicle.
All three denied being the owners of the weapons, police said, and the guns were sent for ballistics testing. Police said the weapons were not legally owned. All three were charged with two counts each of illegal handgun possession.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.