Springfield woman arrested in N.J. on gun chargesJanuary 30,2014PALISADES PARK, N.J. — A Springfield, Vt., woman was arrested with two people from Jersey City Monday and charged with illegal gun possession.
Bergen County Police said in a press release that Natausha L. Bourguin, 23, was the driver of a red Honda Civic that was stopped for an illegal lane change.
Police became suspicious of Bourguin and her passengers, Crystal Canas, 21, and Manuel Robles, 33, both of Jersey City, N.J., after the trio gave police conflicting information.
After Bourguin gave a written consent to have her vehicle searched, police found two guns in the trunk of the vehicle, a Sig Sauer P228 — a 9 mm handgun — and a Davis Industries .380 caliber handgun, which police described as a “Saturday Night Special.” Police also recovered $6,117 in cash from the vehicle.
All three denied being the owners of the weapons, police said, and the guns were sent for ballistics testing. Police said the weapons were not legally owned. All three were charged with two counts each of illegal handgun possession.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.