Springfield woman arrested in N.J. on gun chargesJanuary 30,2014PALISADES PARK, N.J. — A Springfield, Vt., woman was arrested with two people from Jersey City Monday and charged with illegal gun possession.
Bergen County Police said in a press release that Natausha L. Bourguin, 23, was the driver of a red Honda Civic that was stopped for an illegal lane change.
Police became suspicious of Bourguin and her passengers, Crystal Canas, 21, and Manuel Robles, 33, both of Jersey City, N.J., after the trio gave police conflicting information.
After Bourguin gave a written consent to have her vehicle searched, police found two guns in the trunk of the vehicle, a Sig Sauer P228 — a 9 mm handgun — and a Davis Industries .380 caliber handgun, which police described as a “Saturday Night Special.” Police also recovered $6,117 in cash from the vehicle.
All three denied being the owners of the weapons, police said, and the guns were sent for ballistics testing. Police said the weapons were not legally owned. All three were charged with two counts each of illegal handgun possession.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.