Keith's II sold to Iowa companyFebruary 03,2014By Gordon Dritschilo
An Iowa company has bought Keith's II.
Graphic Edge, based in Carroll, Iowa, announced Monday that it had purchased the screen printing business for an undisclosed sum.
Pat Venteicher, the general manager of Graphic Edge, said the company has no plans to close the Rutland facility, that all employees should remain in place and that the Vermont operation will continue under the name Keith's II.
He said Keith's will increase Graphic Edge's concentration in the New England market, and that expansion of the Rutland operation could be possible in three to five years.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.