Inmate escapes from hospital, caughtFebruary 05,2014The Associated Press
BERLIN -- A Vermont prison inmate who was brought to a hospital for treatment escaped and was missing for less than three hours before authorities caught up with him.
Police said 28-year-old Jonathan Henry of Marshfield had been jailed on an aggravated assault charge last month in East Montpelier. He was brought to Central Vermont Hospital on Tuesday from the Northeast Correctional Complex in St. Johnsbury.
Police said Henry escaped at about 5 p.m. He was taken into custody without incident at about 7:30 p.m. off of U.S. Route 302 near the River Run mobile home park in Berlin.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.