Mother accused of DUI with baby in carFebruary 05,2014Police: Mom DUI
with baby aboard
BENNINGTON — A local woman was charged Monday with three misdemeanors after police said she had been stopped Jan. 15 on Route 7 in Bennington driving with her 4-month-old child in the car while her blood-alcohol content was more than one and a half times the legal limit.
Kimberly A. Stone, 26, of Bennington, pleaded innocent Monday in Bennington criminal court to two misdemeanor counts related to a second charge of driving while under the influence of alcohol and one count of reckless endangerment.
In an affidavit, Cpl. Joshua Stemp of the Bennington Police Department said he was watching for Stone around 3 a.m. Jan. 15 after getting a call from a man who said he believed Stone was driving and had a baby in the car.
Stemp said he saw the car around 3:15 a.m. Before stopping Stone, Stemp said he notice that she seemed to be weaving within her lane while driving.
After stopping the car, he saw the child in a restraint seat in the rear of the car. Her license, he noticed, contained requirement for Stone to wear corrective lenses. According to Stemp, Stone admitted she wasn’t wearing glasses of contact lenses.
Stone’s blood-alcohol content was tested at 0.135 percent at around 3:30 a.m. Jan. 15, the affidavit said. The legal limit in Vermont is 0.08 percent.
Stone’s previous conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol was in May 2009.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.